Fourth Church of Christ, Scientist, Seattle, purchases a building lot at Eighth Avenue and Seneca Street on First Hill in July 1914. They move their services to the new Hippodrome at Fifth and University. Christian Science branch churches spread to downtown Ballard, Columbia City, West Seattle, and the University District.
Miss Georgian Elouise Wiestling is First Reader in Columbia City. Mr. Charles A. Griffith gives a report at First Church. Mr. Bliss Knapp, Mr. Willis T. Gross, Rev. William P. McKenzie, Mr. Jacob S. Shields, Mr. William R. Rathvon, and Prof. Hermann S. Herring give lectures at the Hippodrome.