The Building Committee lays the cornerstone for the Fourth Church of Christ, Scientist, edifice at Eighth Avenue and Seneca Street on October 29, 1922. Miss Jessie Estep lends money. Mr. Neil McDonald prepares the basement for use as a temporary auditorium. Mr. Charles J. Whittaker gives a presentation for the Austin Organs company and Mr. John Hamilton Howe makes an expert recommendation. Modernist architect Mr. Robert G. Reichert writes an "Architectural Historiology" on the building.