Mr. Edwin Randall Hoskins makes a resolution for unity as First Church of Christ, Scientist, Seattle, prepares to build a stone temple on Capitol Hill. Takes place at Christian Science Hall, their wood-frame chapel on Sixth Avenue.
Mr. Oliver C. McGilvra, son of Judge John J. McGilvra, takes over the Building Committee of First Church of Christ, Scientist, Seattle, and moves the meetings to his law office in the original Burke Building at Second Avenue and Marion Street. Mr. Edwin W. Cravin proposes a temporary wood structure at the building site in Capitol Hill. Takes place at their new meeting location at Christensen Hall at Broadway and Madison Streets.
Mrs. Frances Carlton Baker and 41 others withdraw their membership from First Church to found Fourth Church of Christ, Scientist, Seattle, on June 29, 1909. Mr. Edwin W. Cravin, former Grand Commander of the Grand Commandery of the Knights Templar of Washington, responds. Takes place in the iconic Alaska Building at Second Avenue and Cherry Street.
The new Fourth Church of Christ, Scientist, Seattle, begins building a congregation on July 4, 1909, amidst a "Votes for Women" focus at the Alaska-Yukon-Pacific (AYP) Expo. The first Christian Science lecture by a woman, Miss Mary Brookins, in Seattle is at the Moore Theater. Services are at Arcade Hall on Second Avenue, between Union and University Streets. A reading room is in Judge Thomas Burke's Empire Building. Mr. William K. Sheldon joins Fourth Church. Mr. Oliver C. McGilvra speaks. Mr. Charles Warburton Ireland is elected First Reader. Mrs. Helen E. Cushing is elected Second Reader. Actress Ethel Barrymore is mentioned.
First Church of Christ, Scientist, Seattle, builds a temporary structure at their lot on Capitol Hill during the Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition summer of 1909. That fall they hold an election meeting. Mrs. Julia Field-King's students in London and St. Louis have recently dedicated churches. Mr. Allen H. Armstrong's students send telegraphs to Reverend Mary Baker Eddy.
Mr. Alden J. Blethen, Seattle Times Editor-in-Chief writes on Reverend Mary Baker Eddy's career. Mr. William K. Sheldon introduces a Christian Science lecture at the Moore Theater. Mr. Allen H. Armstrong gives a field report at 1911 Annual Meeting of The Mother Church in Boston. First Church of Christ, Scientist, Seattle, lays the corner stone for their temple on Capitol Hill on October 17, 1911.
Mrs. Alma Durant Bixby, Dr. Walter S. Padget, and Mrs. Margaret Mason Walker chair joint activities for Christian Science begun in 1911, based in the Empire Building on Second Avenue. Mr. Oliver C. McGilvra speaks at Arcade Hall.
Mr. William R. Rathvon visits Seattle. Mr. Edward Joseph Holslag paints the interior of First Church of Christ, Scientist, Seattle. Mr. Oliver C. McGilvra reads at opening services, June 7, 1914. Mr. Charles A. Griffith sets a new goal. Miss Leona Langdon plays the organ, Mr. Worth Densmore sings. Mr. Clarence B. Bagley includes the new church edifice in his History of Seattle.
Reverend Dr. Mark A. Matthews D.D. leads a great series of Christian unity revival services in Spring of 1914. Mr. John M. Henderson writes a letter to the editor of The Seattle Times. Pastor Russell writes on Mary Baker Eddy in a syndicated column in The Seattle Star. Mr. Orison "O.J.C." Dutton attends an anti-Eddy lecture by Mr. Frederick W. Peabody. Reverend E. Tremayne Dunstan gives a sermon that will please no one.
Fourth Church of Christ, Scientist, Seattle, purchases a building lot at Eighth Avenue and Seneca Street on First Hill in July 1914. They move their services to the new Hippodrome at Fifth and University. Christian Science branch churches spread to downtown Ballard, Columbia City, West Seattle, and the University District.
Miss Georgian Elouise Wiestling is First Reader in Columbia City. Mr. Charles A. Griffith gives a report at First Church. Mr. Bliss Knapp, Mr. Willis T. Gross, Rev. William P. McKenzie, Mr. Jacob S. Shields, Mr. William R. Rathvon, and Prof. Hermann S. Herring give lectures at the Hippodrome.